Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finally, Some Answers to Your Questions...

“How can I become a better writer?” –Ro

The first thing to know is that you can’t be a writer if you don’t read. I’ll read anything that interests me whether it be biographies, classic literature, poems, magazines and newspapers, romance novels, et cetera. You can learn new vocabulary words, different ways to construct sentences, and after a while recognize who an author is just by the way that they write.
My next bit of advice would be to write on a fairly regular basis. Write whatever you want to, but don’t limit yourself to one genre. Challenge yourself by writing fan fiction, poetry, or even an advanced survival manual for the Zombie Apocalypse. It doesn’t have to be perfect, in fact rough drafts never are, but just keep writing.

Learning how to become a better writer is a process that never ends. But much like everything else in life, practice makes perfect.

“How do I find my “path” in life?” –Anonymous

I’ve actually given up on finding my path, and instead letting my path find me.

A few years ago I had a clear cut vision of what I wanted my life to be. Fast forward a few years later, and life is completely different than what I had planned for myself. Now, I’m not really trying to have a 5 or 10 year plan per se, I’m just heading in whatever direction life takes me.
I think in life you need a good dose of common sense, confidence in your gut instinct, and a (metaphorical) set of balls to be able to live life to the fullest. I’ll add in a bottle of vodka since I like to party ;) Don’t focus so much on where you’re going, just enjoy the journey along the way.

0 comments:

© Lunacy and Best Wishes...the chronicles of a petite hot mess, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena